Where I Cram My Ideas


Friday, July 6, 2007

Categories


You scored as Scientific Atheist, These guys rule. I'm not one of them myself, although I play one online. They know the rules of debate, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and can explain evolution in fifty words or less. More concerned with how things ARE than how they should be, these are the people who will bring us into the future.

Scientific Atheist


92%

Spiritual Atheist


58%

Militant Atheist


50%

Agnostic


33%

Theist


33%

Apathetic Atheist


25%

Angry Atheist


17%

What kind of atheist are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

This sure is an interesting quiz. I have a few issues with it... first of all, 'militant atheist' should not be a category. I need to make a post describing why 'militant' and 'fundamentalist' can not and do not properly/responsibly describe any atheists I've ever heard of.

I think I scored higher in that category because I answered 'true' to the statement 'I will debate a theist anywhere.' The second issue I have is that I scored rather highly as a theist because I answered 'true' to the statement 'There is an objective moral element to actions,' or something along those lines. It's inaccurate to equate such a belief with theism.

No comments: